March 21, 2016

Review: Jordana Modern Matte in Dare

"Kiss Your Dry Matte Lipstick Goodbye…Say Hello to the Modern Matte.." That's the line from Jordana's website regarding this product. Modern Matte Lipsticks are a winning combination of high payoff pigments and special ingredients that comfortably extend the wear expertly selected shades have an all-day wear without the typical ‘Dry Lip’ finish that feathers and cracks. It is Talc and Paraben-Free and Made In USA. Price ranges from PhP 150 to PhP 200 when sold online. Bought this on a Facebook makeup group. I am not really sure if this is available at malls near you cause I saw SM north before offers Jordana products.
Packaging/Scent: I don't know how to describe its packaging. haha. It's a bit of wet n wild megalast lipstick where you can already see the color of the lipstick even without opening it up. It has a mild vanilla scent on it just like MAC.
shade: Matte Dare (09)
Swatches:
one swipe vs four swipes
It has a smooth application. It is not overly drying that tugs when swipe though it doesn't really have a solid color. The opacity is around 90%. Obviously, you need a few more swipes to achieve the shade you wanted and for me I need 4 swipes to achieve that opaqueness. I posted this already on my Instagram account where I captioned that it is a great dupe for my high end Nature Essentials lipstick in Luscious Liz, also MAC Rebel.
As I applied it onto my lips, it is streaky and sets on deep lines. It has a slight moisturizing effect so it feathers and bleeds. It doesn't really sets into a flat matte more on a creamy matte. Inner part of the lips easily fades even without the drinking/eating part. Therefore, it doesn't last long enough too so retouching is a must. Overall, I love the color but not satisfied with its longevity.

Availability: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5
Scent: 4/5
Consistency: 3/5
Longevity: 2/5
Total Ratings: 3/5

Like my facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/karenlizTV
Get updates on twitter
http://www.twitter.com/karenlizescobar
Follow me on instagram and be photo updated
http://instagram.com/karenlizescobar
Subscribe and watch my makeup tutorials, haul and vlogs
http://youtube.com/karenful19
Others:
http://www.pinterest.com/kalidees
Snapchat: karenlizescobar

Disclosure:
Products are either sponsored or bought from my own money.
I am not paid to do a review for the products featured on my blog.
My reviews are solely based on my personal experience and honest opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment