October 08, 2018

Review: Luna Organics Clay Blush

 Finally! I've tried the famous Luna Organics Clay Blush and I think it all started here. It became so viral that other online shops released their clay blushes as well. You'll find out today if the original maker is the best clay blush among the rest.
What? Luna Organics Clay Blush
Where to buy? I got mine from @happyhaulerph (legit reseller of Luna Organics PH)
Please be aware of fake! If the price is too good to be true then that's fake. If in doubt, do not buy.
Price?
 P150 (10g) - small pot
P180 (20g) - tin can
P220 (30g)
Product claims:
-Made from organic ingredients (kasi nasa name nila diba?"Luna Organics")
-Locally made
-Vanilla scented
-Handy
-Multi use
-Perfect flush of color to eyes, lips and cheeks
 Ingredients:
Candelilla wax
Virgin Coconut Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Iron Oxide
Shea Butter

 Swatches: (medyo naparami ng swipes dito sa arm swatches)
I used it on my lips and cheeks
Autumn - from the name itself is just like the color when it's autumn season. Although, we do not experience it here in the Philippines, we're quite familiar with it. It has a burnt orange to rusty color on the cheeks but when applied on the lips it is quite different because it didn't sit right on top of it.
 
 Spring - somehow similar with Autumn but it's more on the brown tone.
 
 Summer - is orange to peachy shade. Lakas makafresh!
 

My thoughts:
Again, I see a lot of fake Luna Organics especially on Shopee where it retails for P150-P180 for 30g. The original retails for P220, so again please be aware. First, packaging, I like the original one (30g) because I can easily apply and swipe it on my cheeks unlike the pot containers because I have to dip my fingertips on it. Texture and consistency wise, I do struggle with its application because it's quite dry and matte. It didn't have that creamy consistency that I was looking for. I do think they need a lot of improvement with it. I also recommend that you blend with your fingertips to warm up the blush for easier blending and application. I like that there are three shades to choose from and I like Autumn the best. I think Summer suits fair skin tone only and Spring and Autumn for every skin tone. It is long lasting enough to stay up to 8 hrs without retouch or blot. I did film a video but I couldn't find the files! haaay! Anyway, it did have a sweet scent, more like banana not vanilla. In regards with its ingredients, Iron Oxide: I will post a paragraph here credits to Medium
"Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) — Three basic shades: black, yellow and red. Iron oxides are found in a wide array of cosmetic products from eye shadow to talcum powder — even products that are marketed as natural or organic. That’s because they’re safe, although the iron oxide in cosmetics is made synthetically. Iron oxides are made in a lab for safety reasons since naturally produced varieties often contain impurities. Oxides formed in a natural, uncontrolled setting are often contaminated with heavy metals. This is an example of natural not always being safer. Iron oxides are gentle and non-toxic in cosmetic products placed on the surface of the skin; usually not irritating to the skin and aren’t known to be allergenic. Iron oxides typically don’t cause problems even for people with sensitive skin."
To be honest, I do not know about organic/inorganic compounds and elements and chemicals. I also searched them on FDA if they're approved or not but I cannot find results as of yet. Overall, I did like them(past) because I got other clay blushes from other shops that are creamier and easy to use.I hope they improved their product especially they're the one who's known for the clay blushes.

FOLLOW ME!!!
Facebook:   Karenliz TV
Twitter:   @karenlizescobar
Instagram:   karenliztv
Lipswatches:   KLlipsswatch
Youtube:   Karenliz TV
Please make sure to get my permission first before copying/saving/reposting my photos online.
Disclosure:
Products are either sponsored or bought from my own money.
I am not paid to do a review for the products featured on my blog.
My reviews are solely based on my personal experience and honest opinions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment