October 30, 2017

Review: Brows By Calli

CALLI COSMETICS --- a local brand that caters makeup products that's suited for all Pinay. If you are not familiar with them yet check their Instagram page by clicking here. The Brows by Calli is one of their many products. They also have bullet lipsticks, liquid matte lipsticks, tints, and etc. The Brows by Calli has three shades available: Light Brown, Medium Brown, and Natural Black.
Each retails for P269 only. It came in this sleek black packaging but has a plastic feels. This is an automatic kind of brow pencil so you did not need to sharpen it. It also has an available spoolie on the other side which is really convenient. Somehow, the packaging is similar with Etude House's drawing brow pencil.
This is the length of the pencil when twisted up to the end. The tip of the pencil has been used twice thus the not so sharp look but anyway I still think the length is standard.
    The spoolie is not hard nor harsh on the skin.I've tried some spoolie that came in a pencil that is not so gentle when touched the skin.
I have the pencil in the shade Natural Black and it is the perfect one for me because of my dark hair. I like that the pencil is not too waxy but not too hard also. It is in between so it is easy to draw & blend
How did I use it:
1. Brush brow hair with the spoolie depends on your hair strokes: I went upwards to the arch and then downwards from there until the tail.
2. I outlined my desired shape and slightly filling them in from the middle to the tail.
3. Using the spoolie to brush from the middle up to the tail and the residue from the spoolie onto the inner part so it will not look too squared or drawn.
4. I filled in the sparse area or no brow hair at all lightly.
Excuse my not so groomed brows
I do not have really oily brows(I mean oily from that area) so from my experience with the product, it is not waterproof and smudge proof especially on those sparse areas. I had to retouch 1 to 2 times every time I used this with the factor: na mainit sa trabaho. Even though, it's like that I actually didn't mind to retouch at all because it's also the time I checked myself in the mirror if I'm still presentable to look at and Kilay is LIFE as I say. I used this too when we went to the mall and in all fairness, it didn't budge. It was long lasting when I was in a cool temperature.  This pencil is travel/kikay friendly because you have a pencil and spoolie in one. The color selection is perfect for natural hair colors. I do like the pigmentation of the pencil too. Overall, I do like the pencil but I wished they lessen the price of the product.

FOLLOW ME!!!
Facebook:   Karen Liz Escobar
Twitter:   @karenlizescobar
Instagram:   karenliztv
Lipswatches:   KLlipsswatch
Youtube:   Karenliz TV

Please make sure to get my permission first before copying/saving/reposting my photos online.

Disclosure:
Products are either sponsored or bought from my own money.
I am not paid to do a review for the products featured on my blog.
My reviews are solely based on my personal experience and honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment